With fall blowing her cool breath along our neck, it's time to fend off the frost with some warm layers. Grabbing that frosty door handle can be both shocking and unpleasant without a toasty set of gloves. With so many types of gloves available, it's hard to figure out what fits well into the daily grind of autumn life; and we're here to solve that dilemma - go wool. Always go wool.
Wool gloves are great for so many reasons, first off they're durable. That heavy-knit material is naturally strong and resistant to tearing so it will hold up well under daily abuse. Next, wool is moisture wicking so sweaty hands won't go clammy when they heat up. Finally, wool is just a great looking material, matching up well with casual and semi-dress clothing for an all-purpose glove that just fits.
Here's a few options when looking for a set of wool gloves:
- The Ragg gloves over at Upstate Stock are available in fingerless to maintain full dexterity, with leather palms for added durability, and in full or mitten form to keep fingers warmer.[ Pictured at top.]
- Over at Smartwool, the Merino Wool gloves are butter soft and have touchscreen compatible tips for answering that phone call without freezing off a digit.
- Orvis has some great ragg wool options in several styles, many with leather palms for extra grip.
- Icebreaker has some streamlined, technical options for outdoor recreation.
- We love all the Fox River options, available very affordably at Amazon.
So grab a set of wool gloves and greet those mornings with style...and also warm hands.