With summer fast approaching comes an age-old predicament; should you upgrade your sunglasses? Chances are: yes, you should. And so, as a solid pair of sunglasses are on our ten things every man should own, here are five ideas to match your personal style.
Sunglasses are one of those things that can totally complete your look. Just check out this sharp fellow from A Poor Man's Millions look? Quite cool, yes? And just like wearing the perfect tie, selecting the perfect sunglasses is all about scale and shape. If you don't like them all, at least you get an idea of what's hot right now. Check them out:
1. Flatspot Super Flat: With a price tag of $150 (ish) this pair of sunnies are what I would call 'the one fits all' model. They're super sleek and have an 80's edge that make them quite trendy (without looking like a bad blast from the past). They kinda have a sporty feel too, but can definitely be used with more dressy getups.
2. Asos Wayfarer: For around $20 these wayfarers are a no-brainer. Mind you, they do look more casual and you may not be able to use them with something dressy, but they are the perfect pair to take to the beach. If you're looking for something cool and cheap, go for them.
3. Canby Walnut and Oak: I think I'll like to call this pair the unofficial ManMadeDIY sunglasses. Why? They are cool, modern, and crafty! They're styled following the popular Wayfarer line, but are crafted...from wood. Did I mentioned they are handmade in Portland? Yup. Pure American talent, right here. ($185)
4. Mr. Porter Bottega Veneta: These aviators remind me of James Bond movies and Ocean's Eleven. They are a bit more pricey than the others at around $320 (looking like 007 ain't easy) - but if you want to own a nice piece of Italian craftsmanship, I say bite the bullet and go for it. Think of it as a long-term investment; they're quite stylish and won't look outdated anytime soon.
5. Super 49er Aviators: Wanna go to funky town? Don't worry, we judge no one in here. These 49ers are for those who seek the thrill of Vegas while listening to Elvis on full blast. For those who like road trips and dream of traveling down Route 66. Vintage, edgy, and cool. Sounds like you? ($260)
For some more options, or if you need to stay on the less expensive side of things, check out our ManMade Guide to Sunglasses: 5 Stylish Pairs Under $100