Okay…maybe not change your life, but certainly motivate you to mix up some glazes and take on the fry at home. With creamy fillings to crunchy textures, this roundup will blow the ones from the grocery store out of the batter.
1. Oreo Doughnuts (above) What’s not to like about this one? Oreo cookies and doughnuts. Everyone’s favorite!
2. . Chai Spiced Doughnuts (above): Chai is not only for sipping in cold winter nights, it’s also perfect to add an exotic twist to these sugary treats. How about having a chai, while eating a chai doughnut? So meta.
3. Gluten Free Cinnamon Cake Doughnuts: Can’t have gluten? No problemo. This recipe has none of that so you can feast without any pain..or shame.
4. Peach Doughnuts with White Chocolate and Pistachios: Peaches, white chocolate, pistachios – nothing says summer like making a batch of mouth-watering doughnuts!
5. Grapefruit Donuts: Another summer-inspired treat, these doughnuts combine the tangy, citrus flavour of grapefruit with the sweetness of a homemade glaze. Total winner.
7. Strawberry Pop Tart Donuts: Oh remember the good ol’ times? When pop tarts were the thing? This recipe is definitely going to revive some teenage memories – minus the pimples, of course.
8. Buttermilk Doughnuts: Plain and simple, nothing complicated about this delicious recipe. Just a few ingredients and a whole lotta yum.