Science Reveals the Secret to the Perfect Vacation
Time off is essential. Being inspired by seeing new things is one of the best ways to take care of your self and fuel your creativity. So, if you’re gonna do it, you might as well do it right. The Wall Street Journal reveals the work of “psychologists and researchers [who] have been studying how to create an ideal vacation that boosts our well-being, relieves stress that can impact our health, and helps us recharge for returning to work.”
Some of the key takeaways?
- Longer isn’t always better. More frequent trips is the way to go.
- Try to always see things you haven’t seen before. It’s the new activities, not just the time off, that makes you feel restored.
- End the trip on a high note. That’s where the strongest memories are made.
- Planning and anticipating your trip are an important part of the process. Embracing and enjoy the preparation components is half the fun.
- Take a day or two when you’ve returned home before diving right back into your old schedules to extend the beneficial effects.
Good read. Go soak it up, then get outta town: The Smartest Way to Take a Vacation [WSJ.com]