Artist and designer Jessica Kerbawy creates these amazing rainbow wall art pieces by gluing a spectrum of crayons on foam core, and then strategically melting them with a heat gun. The paper wrappers are left atop, with the remains of the colored wax dripping down.
Though it may look like something you’ve seen before, I find these to be pretty clever and unique, and an update on the playing with melted wax and rainbow techniques.
Jessica’s prices are actually incredibly reasonable, between $25 and $75 depending on the size. But, it’s also something you could try yourself, especially now that it’s back-to-school season, and large boxes of crayons will be on sale.
Check them out at JKCreative’s Etsy Shop
Interested in more DIY colorful wall art ideas? Check out some of my favorites:
- Paint Sample Spectrum Wall
- Easy & Inexpensive Bold Graphic Art
- Affordable Colorful Wall Art Idea
- Hip Pyramid Painting
- Make Custom Art from Your Own Fingerprints
- Giant Crosstitch Wall Art
- Make a Corkboard World Map
- 5 Easy DIY Wall Art Ideas