Here's a fresh take on the fusing plastic bags/DIY Tyvek trick: creating a strong base with opaque white plastic bags for durability, then adding an attractive top layer for some graphic punch!
- 1.5" cotton webbing (or polyester or nylon)
- Plastic grocery bags or other plastic packaging
- Fray Check or thread glue
- Belt buckle (I took one off an old belt)
- 3/16" metal eyelets and eyelet tool (make sure your belt prong will fit through this size)
- Coordinating thread (and heavy duty thread if you have it around)
Even if you're not a devoted Nikon disciple, they're offering some great free how-to videos that appeal to anyone interested in digital photography.
My three faves are these by Joe McNally, who's the kinda guy from whom you just wanna learn.