If you read this site and also make New Year's Resolutions, I'd bet some variation of "getting out in nature more" made it onto the list. Well, this Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Monday) all National Park Service sites that usually require entrance fees will be FREE. That, and nine more days this year...
It's all part of the National Park Service's celebrating 100 years of existence thanks to good ol' Teddy Roosevelt. The other free dates are:
- January 16: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 20: Presidents' Day
- April 15-16 and 22-23: Weekends of National Park Week
- August 25: National Park Service Birthday
- September 30: National Public Lands Day
- November 11-12: Veterans Day Weekend
Click here to read more about from the National Park Service itself and git on out there!