The winter weather isn't quite over, but it seems we've seen the worst of the polar vortexes (vorticises?). So, while it's not quite the time to head out on weekend camping trips (unless your loaded with four-season and mountaineering gear), it is the time to think about heading out on weekend camping trips and getting your gear ready.
Croatian-Austrian collective Numen/For Use have created "String Prototype," a fully-functioning massive inflatable jungle gym-like structure made up of a grid of strong cables.
Pendleton Woolen Mills is family-owned operation that have been making high-quality virgin wool goods since 1909 in Oregon's Blue Mountains. Since their early days, the company has been producing a series of blankets to honor some of the National Parks in the Western United States.
If you spend any time in the craft and DIY blogosphere, you've likely seen your fair share of galvanized pipe furniture and storage projects. Which, of course, are all cool and affordable and very customizable, and we approve.
Each Wednesday, I post some of my favorite can't-miss links, images, and otherwise mindblowing goodies from across the web.
New York artist Calvin Seibert recently visited Hawaii, where he spent 10 days experimenting with abstract, geometric sandcastles and shapes.
- Cheer On Your Favorite Olympic Athletes with the #ItsOurTime App [Sponsored]
- The Cocktail Every Man Should Be Drinking This Winter
- World Backpacker Documents His Adventures with a Huge Back Tattoo
- How to: Make Quick and Easy Leather Storage Bins
- How Many Ways are There to Tie a Tie? About a 177,000 More than You'd Think...